In 1948 this site was the location of the South Charleston Methodist Church restaurant. The restaurant was operated by the church for many years before becoming the Produce Barn with displays of all the fruits and vegetables. The next use of the building was for the dog clubs and so it became the Dog Barn. The old barn was replaced in 2019 with a brand-new insulated building that is now used year-round. The new barn was made possible with a grant from Coldwell Banker Heritage and labor provided by CTC students. CTC students have been great partners having constructed the new fire barn, lakeside shelter house, and remodel of the CTC shelter house. This project was completed with Board President, Bill Agle, providing the leadership to bring it to fruition. The building will be used on a year-round basis for dog club meetings, graduation parties, small weddings, and other small events.