The Highlands United Church of Christ building that was a familiar sight at the fair was originally a tent. Highlands started serving food and became a mainstay for generations of families involved in 4H as well as patrons of the fair. In 1955 a permanent structure was built. It was referred to as the Highlands Lunch Stand. Members of Highlands were proud and honored to volunteer their time to “feed the fair” from 1955 to 2017. For the 2019 fair the building was renovated into the CTC Shelter House. This was made possible by funds from Springfield Foundation, CTC, Clark County Commissioners, Highlands Church, Bryce Hill, Inc., and Arisfor and also by CTC providing all the building labor at no charge.